The fictional character Harleen Quinzel appearing in the American comic books is one the most popular characters in the Batman animated series. In the comic books published by Dc comics; Harley Quinn is featured commonly as the adversary of the superhero Batman. Here are some of the interesting facts you probably didn’t know about her.
1. She appeared for the first time in Batman animated series; Joker’s Favor episode.
2. Harley Quinn is a shorten form of Harleen Frances Quinzel which is a fictional character created by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini.
3. Harley Quinn character was originally voiced by actor Arleen Sorkin in most tie-ins to the Dc-animated universe. The character has also been voiced by Tara strong and Hynden Walch in various video games and DC-animated showcases.
4. Arleen Sorkin was the first inspiration of the character after she appeared in the dream sequence of the series wearing a jester costume. Arleen is the former star of the renowned soap opera; Days of Our Lives. Paul Dini then picked the scene and this inspired the creation of a fictional character, Harley Quinn.
5. Harley Quinn appeared in the world’s finest; Superman/Batman movie as a foil and rival for Lex Luthor’s assistant Graves. Each of the characters takes an instant dislike for the other and at some point engages in a brutal fight when Lex Luthor & the Joker had a business meeting.
6. She is shown to be quite talented with a variety of weapons; especially those with her trademarks. An example is a large mallet she wields with expertise and skills despite its unwieldy appearance and size.
7. Harley is an Olympic level athlete with extraordinary gymnastics skills rivaling those of Nightwing and Catwoman.
9. After the success of Batman animated series, Harley proved to be so popular and she was then added to the Batman book canon
10. Harley Quinn eventually joins forces with Catwoman and Poison Ivy in the Gotham City Sirens series.