Even some of you avid DC fans can be forgiven for not knowing who Deathstroke is, but fret not, in this article we’re going to tell you who Deathstroke is and provide you with the most important information you need to know about him.
Who Is Deathstroke?
1) Deathstroke (real name Slade Wilson) is a DC comics supervillain created by Marv Wolfman and George Perez. He is both a mercenary and an assassin (an understandably deadly combination) and made his first appearance in The New Teen Titans (Volume 1 #2) in 1980.
2) Wilson was initially a member of the US Army, serving in both Korea and Vietnam. He was chosen for a secret military experiment with the aim of creating metahuman soldiers and gained his powers (discussed below) as a result of the experiment.
3) On the super-villain scale, he ranks pretty highly. For example, Wizard magazine recently rated him as the 24th greatest super villain of all time. Pretty impressive.
4) When Deathstroke first came onto the scene all the way back in 1980 he was initially just an archenemy of the Teen Titans but over time writers have evolved his story and he is now an adversary of a whole bunch of superheroes.
What Powers Does He Have?
5) Deathstroke has enhanced strength, durability, speed and agility all given to him as a result of an experimental serum. The comics portray him as having the strength of ten men. Additionally, Deathstroke is capable of using 90% of his brain at one time which makes him a tactical genius. So he is very much brain as well as brawn.
Further, Deathstroke possesses amazing healing powers, enabling him to recover from physical injuries much faster than normal people. But it’s crucial to note that these healing powers have limitations. They were not enough to repair his missing eye or regenerate entire limbs.