by Sax Carr
I recently adopted a 5 month old black male cat who I’ve named Dex-Starr after the DC comics character I’ve been a fan off for a few years. I’ve noticed lately that Dexy (as we call him for short) is a better portrayal of Catwoman then the current DCnU run. Even tho he’s a male cat, and… you know… a cat, he still does a more compelling job of being a superhero then DCnU Catwoman any day. Here are some of the pros that my cat has over Catwoman:
- It’s been a few months and he hasn’t changed his backstory.
- He’s changed his costume a little (read: gotten bigger) but he hasn’t changed it to reflect any movies continuity.
- He steals things from high shelves in my apartment by making daring climbs and leaps and then brings them back to his lair (my floor).
- He’s aloof, mysterious, playful, agile, and ready to play with his claws out at a moment’s notice.
- He has yet to have sex with Batman.
Regarding Bat-Sex: I’ve left Batman toys on his cat bed, so he’s had a chance. Sidenote: He does love a little stuffed demon from TheEscapist.com so that’s a potential crossover that DC has wildly overlooked.
Dexy is pretty good at being Catwoman, he’s also an ok version of Dex-Starr from the comics, he did vomit once, and he is full of rage… but he won’t wear the costume, or fly.
Still I have decided as a DC consumer to spend my Catwoman comics dollar on treats for Dex, at least until there is a regime change and the comics get better. I’ll probably keep buying him the treats tho, so I better some extra money.
Hey Dex just completed a complicated burglary plot while outrunning a b-list supervillian and having a complicated but obscure relationship with a hero that reflects his duel nature and desire to do good but test boundaries! Just kidding. He’s asleep in a patch of sunlight. But…. Neither has Catwoman, in a long time, and that’s sad.